|I think my nephew would clap about this if he understood it.|
Anyway, any excuse to show off an adorable nephew is a good one!
So, imagine my relief and joy when the phone call that woke me up from my usual 14-16 hours of sleep was the insurance company's calling to tell me that the appeal had been approved. So I now have approval and insurance coverage for Benlysta!
Edit: Unfortunately, I just found out that I'm not allowed to start the Benlysta infusions until after both carpal tunnel surgeries are over. So I'll be starting in April, instead of next week as I had hoped. Still, at least it's something to look forward to!
Edit #2: The rheumatologist called the surgeon, and they decided to let me make the choice whether or not to accept the increased risk of infection. So I will be starting Benlysta very soon, they will operate on both wrists at the same time, and will give me IV antibiotics just in case.